1. Spirit of the Marathon 2 on DVD: I saw this movie at the theater and love watching running movies before a big race. Set in Italy, following runners at the Rome Marathon, it is both uplifting and inspiring. This will be perfect to watch during Boston Marathon training after one of my 20 mile long runs!
2. Donation to Project Sole Mates: Recently, several ladies in my running group have joined forces to form a non profit called Project Sole Mates. We are in desperate need of funding to be able to start helping area school children obtain the proper footwear to be able to participate in organized high school athletic teams and also scholarships for sports camps for those teams during the off season.
3. Visa/Mastercard Gift Card: Let's just say I'm going to have a little problem when I enter the doors of the Hynes Convention Center next April 17th for my first Boston Marathon expo. The excitement will be a bit out of control and the need for numerous pieces of logo merchandise will be huge. My wallet will need reinforcements, so a Visa/MasterCard gift card will come in handy.
4. Run to Overcome by Meb Keflezighi: This book has been on my reading list for a long time and it will be perfect reading during my next marathon training cycle. However, there are a few more reads on my list too. See number 7 below!
5. Thorlo gift pack: New socks for runners are a perfect stocking stuffer and this little gift pack would be a nice surprise underneath my tree this year! The second pack from the top looks great and the blue pair will be perfect for my race in April! Alternatively, I would be very happy to receive a pair of the electric blue color! hint hint
6. Brooks Running outfit: These two pieces will be great for winter training and very attractive too if I need to stop at the store on my way home from practice or a group long run. Plus, sitting in Starbucks post run, these clothes would be comfy too! Best of all, if someone orders on Friday, a bonus adorable seasonal top is included free with a $100 purchase! It can be viewed here on the blog of Hungry Runner Girl.
Women's Heater Hog Half Zip in and Women's Infiniti Capri III
7. Older, Faster, Stronger, What Women Runners Can Teach Us All About Living Younger Longer by Margaret Webb: This book looks fascinating for older runners. The author takes a year to train and test herself against some of the worlds elite older runners. You can read a little more about the book here.
What unusual items are on your Christmas list? Please tell us what you hope to find under your tree on Christmas morning!