It's hard to believe that Richmond Marathon is less than a week away! It's starting to become a major focal point on my days, which can only mean one thing - race day is almost here! Nothing notable happened this week, but here are a few things that come to mind:
- Made a yummy baked pumpkin pasta. It consisted of pasta, pumpkin pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese. I wish it was more complex!
- The daylight savings time change of the "fall back" variety usually doesn't mess with me that much but my sleep schedule has been totally whack this week.
- I organized some of my mementos from Dublin into a nifty frame/shadowbox. I hate that all of my ticket stubs and tourist memorabilia are usually in a box somewhere!
- Flu shots are a pain...in the arm. Seriously my arm hurt for at least 3 days after getting that thing!
- I voted...and hope you did too!
- Got one of the best haircuts EVER and proceeded to do laundry and housework on Friday night. My life is so glamorous!
Sunday, November 2nd
Pam: Rest day
Christine: Ran 11 miles at 9:18 pace
Monday, November 3rd
Pam: 30 min elliptical, weights
Christine: Unplanned rest day
Tuesday, November 4th
Pam: 30 min bike ride
Christine: Ran 3.5 miles, stretching
Wednesday, November 5th
Pam: Ran 4 miles, with fast 5k in the middle
Christine: Yoga, foam rolling, stretching
Thursday, November 6th
Pam: 9 holes golf
Christine: Ran 4 miles with hill ladders at 9:05 pace, pus 0.5 mile cool down, stretching
Friday, November 7th
Pam: Speedwork - 3 x mile at 8:12, 8:17, 8:22 with warm-up and cool-down for 4.5 miles total
Christine: Rest day
Saturday, November 8th
Pam: 18 holes golf
Christine: 7 miles at 8:30 pace, stretching
Soo...it looks like Mom definitely won the activity competition this week. I can chalk that up to the fact that I'm tapering right?!