After lots of marathon-focused posts, I figured it was time for something fun. And since many of these things are ringing true in my life (and A's) now, I figured you all might enjoy a laugh. So guys and gals if you're dating a marathoner, here's all the fun you have to look forward to!
1. There will be more flavors and varieties of energy gels than beer (or wine) in the house.
2. Saturday nights are reserved for carb loading and early bed times.
3. Spandex and tech shirts are taking over the dresser...and laundry basket.
4. You know the name of every waiter and waitress at the local Italian restaurant.
5. There are weird rollers, elastic bands, and straps lying around the house...but they're not in the bedroom.
6. Your significant other falls asleep on the couch before 9:00.
7. The alarm clock goes off earlier on the weekends than during the work week.
8. Your significant other will be jumping up and down screaming while staring at her phone...she's just tracking her friends running a marathon.
9. You hear tempo runs, hill repeats, and speedwork as a regular part of your girlfriend's vernacular.
10. Your significant other schedules races with more attention than your next vacation together.
Do you know someone who suffers from dating-a-marathoner syndrome too? What would you add to the list?