1. Salvation Army Angel Tree: Choosing gifts for a needy child is such an easy thing to do and there are plenty of names on the tree this year. Head to your local mall or get in touch with Salvation Army and they can get you the name of a child and their wish list.
|I used runDisney bags for our angels last year!|
2. Food Bank Donation: This time of year we are all so busy taking care of our own families that the food banks have a drop in donations. Be sure to throw an extra couple things in your grocery cart and drop them off at the appropriate spot. Most churches have collection boxes too.
3. Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, or whatever coffee shop you frequent: Buy a drink for the person behind you in the drive through line. It will make you feel wonderful and surprisingly, it may start a chain reaction. Or buy a doughnut or a box to share!
4. Bring a holiday treat to the office: Everyone loves a Christmas cookie, cupcake or even a salty treat, like Chex party mix! Be sure to bring enough for everyone and spreading a little holiday cheer with food is always well received!
5. Visit a holiday light display or Santa and pay for tickets for the next family in line. We enjoyed the little display in Portsmouth, Virginia over the Thanksgiving holiday and even took a few funny photos!
6. Spend time with an elderly neighbor watching a Christmas program, or offer to babysit for your neighbor who does not have the money to hire a sitter.
Thanks to the DC ladies for the Friday linkup. Be sure to check out their blogs too! What is your favorite way to give back during the holiday season? We would love some great ideas!