1. Game night: We have several Christmas games that always provide fun and laughter. Last year my brother stepped up as MC of the Christmas trivia game and we were totally amused with his theatrical performance. This year we have a couple new games planned with help from Christine and Adam.
2. Puzzles: The ladies in my family all love to work on a Christmas puzzle together and we have a nice collection to choose. For 2014, A Charlie Brown Christmas seemed the perfect option since we will be working on it right next to the Peanutes tree that was decorated just a few days ago!
3. Stockings for everyone: About 20 years ago, my parents and siblings decided that stockings would be fun for the adults too! The first couple years we drew names and had to fill a stocking for one person. Then we changed the rules, put a $10 limit and we try to outdo each other with fun and creative things for each other. Buying one or two small gifts for everyone is easier than filling one stocking for one person!
|Christine's handmade needlepoint stocking!|
|The calories don't count if they have vegetables or cheese!|
5. Putting the ornament on the tree from my kindergarten teacher: I was given a precious little kewpie doll china bell ornament when I was 5 years old from my teacher. It is amazing that it has not broken in all our moves, but it is the oldest ornament on our tree! Sorry I can't share a photo of this cutie, but we will decorate the family tree on the 23rd after company arrives!
6. A holiday run: Since we started running in 2010, we have gotten out for a run on the morning of either the 23rd or 24th of December. We try to be festive for our runs and here is a peak at how we were dressed in 2012:
Thanks again to the lovely ladies of DC for hosting the blog hop. Be sure to check out their blogs with the links above.
Share in the comments below if you have a special holiday tradition in your family.