It's time to turn the page for another year and we thought it would be fun to do a post about our goals for the upcoming year.
Christine's Goals for Herself
1 Reclaim my joy of running. After feeling less than awesome about running after a disappointing fall marathon, I'm looking forward to finding the runner in me again. And there is no better race than the Princess Half Marathon to help me do this! Training will start soon and this race has long been my redemption race so it seems fitting that I'll be looking to this race for this purpose again.
2 Run some fast short distances. It's been almost 2 years since I PR'ed a 5k or 10k distance so I'd like to drop some time in these distances.
3. See some new places on foot. Last year, I experienced Napa and Dublin through a runner's lens and I'm looking forward to seeing more places this year. Who knows, maybe I'll start the year off with a jaunt through Montreal (where I am ringing in the new year)!
4. Achieve ultimate awesome cheerleader status at the Boston Marathon!
Pam's Goals for Herself
1 Stay healthy and get to the starting line of the Boston Marathon!
2 Run the Princess Half with my sister and both of us place in our Age Groups!
3. Help my friend Lynda finish her first marathon at Quintiles in March, probably running 11-13 miles with her!
Christine's Goals for Pam
1. Drink up the wonder and excitement of the Boston Marathon!
2. Run another fast 10k (for runDisney corral placement of course hehe)
3. Get more age group awards, because if you know Pam (Mom) like I do, you know that nothing brings her joy like PRIZES!
Pam's Goals for Christine
1, Quit looking back at Richmond and look forward to a great race in 2015!
2, Run some fast short distance races to get your mojo back
3. Plan a fall marathon as redemption for Richmond (or a speedy half!)
Our Goals for YOU!
1. Stay healthy and active.
2. Race your way. Don't let other's time goals, number of races, or distance get in the way of you running your best race. When you pin on that bib, it's your day. Own it.
3. Have fun! Running is a hobby after all and it should be enjoyed.