A few weeks ago, we were contacted by Lynx Sportswear asking us to try out a few of their products. While we both recalled seeing this company's sports bras rated in Runner's World magazine, we had never seen them for sale in our local running stores. We checked out their website and learned some really fun facts about the company:
- It was started after the founder (a Boston qualifier!) couldn't find a sports bra that provided support and was comfortable. She ended up buying materials and a sewing machine and started making her own! And as they say, the rest is history...
- Sports bras and support tanks are manufactured in the USA!
- Lynx made their debut at the 2011 Walt Disney World Marathon expo! Lynx and WRD both got their start in WDW in 2011...crazy huh?!
After a flurry of emails with Danielle, part of the Lynx sales force, we selected a couple items to try. We both picked the Whoop and Holler skort in green (perhaps a skirt for Tink Half?!) and each selected a sports bra. I picked the cross back bra so I'll be talking about that one in this post.
Thoughts on the Whoop and Holler Skirt
|I felt sassy in my new skirt!|
- The zipper pocket on the back of the skirt was perfect for carrying a key and would easily fit fuel and a small phone.
- The skirt was comfortable and fit well and it stood up to the test of a 4 mile run through my neighborhood!
|Back of the skirt with zipper pocket and stripped undershorts detail|
- Laundered well - I washed it and then hung it to dry.
|Check out all those ruffles!|
- When I first received this, I have to be honest that I was worried. The Lynx sports bras have a lot more coverage than the ones I'm used to but I withheld complete judgment until I could road test it. And that's when the magic happened! Without a lot of heavy fabrics and impossible to take on/off styles, these sports bras provide amazing support and comfort.
- They're not sized in traditional S/M/L or bra sizes. They ask that you provide two measurements for the best fit and my sizing was spot on!
- I love the cross back style - very fun and different than anything I have.
- Despite the fabric being lightweight, these provide amazing support. I forgot I was wearing it and it felt great throughout my run.
- I like that there's a clasp on the back to adjust the band for the best fit.
- With the coverage, this would be a sports bra that I would consider wearing in the heinous hot summer months if I ever decided to bare my belly on a run! Guess I better get back to some core work! *wink wink*
Have you ever tried Lynx? And have you ever actually measured yourself for a sports bra fit? Confession - I hadn't before this but I'm glad I did!