Here are some of the wonderful things that passed through my brain as I chugged along like "The Little Engine that Could!"
* Where is the cloud cover? Blue sky is great when you are playing golf, at the beach, or sitting by the pool, not when you are running a gazillion training miles.
* It's hot, I need more water.
* When am I going to be done?
* Wow, we are so lucky to live at the beach
* Please please don't be this hot on Marathon Monday in Boston
* How many more miles until I can eat my banana?
* When I am going to be finished?
* Why does my skirt keep drooping? Could it be the picnic in my pockets that include a banana and 4 GU gels?
* Having a friend makes a long run go by so much faster.
* What can I stuff in my mouth when I get home after burning 5 million calories?
* How is my cadence? Yea, no this was not one of my thoughts. However, after passing the head coach of our running group, and him shouting out "pick up your cadence", Roxanne and I did just that.
* Why do some long runs seem so easy and some so hard?
* Am I getting enough to drink?
* When is this blasted run going to be over?
* I need to update my playlist
* Those burgers smell so good at Red Robin. I wish I had money with me.
* Am I done yet?
Yes, my brain is sorta mushy when I run, but I am very grateful to have completed my 20 miles and feel better prepared with only 35 days until the Boston Marathon!