My list will be a little different than others, because right now, with Boston looming on the horizon, I have given up some of my favorite things in order to be in optimal shape when race day arrives. Yikes, only 24 days and I will be running the biggest race of my life. Back to the topic at hand, here are some of the foods that make there way into our home in the springtime or that we will indulge in when we go out!
1. Boombalati's Ice Cream This place, located less than 3 miles from my home has seriously the best homemade ice cream in town. Refraining from nightly visits is a chore, but with warmer weather, the staff will be seeing me more frequently.
|Tom had chocolate peanut butter and I had coffee and mocha chip|
2. Hand picked strawberries We have a lovely farm nearby that has a gorgeous produce stand and pick your own strawberries and blueberries in the spring. I usually pick at least once and sometimes twice to stock the freezer with fresh berries. They are so sweet and of course we eat some while picking. This is allowed, but be careful, I had a stomach ache from eating so many my first time picking!
3. Dinner at Bluewater Grill Being lucky enough to live in a beach town, we have some fabulous seafood restaurants practically on our doorstep. Last night we made a last minute decision to go to Bluewater, famous for their crabcakes. I forgot to take a photo of my meal, but I did get a photo of the view from our table.
|View from our table, pretty sweet!|
4. Fresh vegetables from our garden We only have rosemary in our garden at the moment, but next week we will be planting red and green peppers, tomatoes , and more herbs. There is nothing better than fresh produce you pick in your back yard.
5. Christmas Candy Hidden in the recesses of my kitchen pantry are all these goodies from Christmas. After binging on sweets for a solid month, January was the time to step away from the candy. However, on April 22nd, when I return from Boston, I plan to dig in and have a little feast!
What is your favorite indulgence? Are you good at stepping away from the treats?