1. Pixie Dust Challenge: This Friday, Christine and I are flying to California to participate in the first challenge race during the Tinkerbell race weekend. The 10k on Saturday will be followed by the half marathon Sunday and we are very excited to be running both the races. We also will earn our first pink coast to coast challenge medal.
|10k, half, Pixie Dust Challenge and Coast to Coast medals!|
2. The girls in my running group have signed up as a team for the Wilma Dash, a women's 5k in downtown Wilmington in late May. Most of the group will be wearing pink tutus with the Without Limits logo tank top. However, I have opted out of the tutu but will be sporting the team tank! I am leaving the tutus for the younger ladies on my team!
3. Blueberry Festival 5k in Burgaw: I just heard about this race from Lynda while running yesterday and again, a group of us from the running group are planning to sign up and enjoy a lovely Saturday morning in this quaint little town. There is a cute breakfast place where we will have breakfast and hopefully lots of bacon after completing the 5k!
4. NYC Marathon: The big fall race on my calendar is the NYC Marathon and I am very excited to be running this one in early November. As per my coach's plan, this will be a very slow marathon, but hopefully a PR in fun.
5. Richmond Marathon weekend, 8k I ran this race last year, while visiting Richmond, specifically to cheer Christine on in the marathon. This year, a big group of girls from my running group plan to run the assorted races, including Roxanne running the full, Lynda running the half, Holly and myself running the 8k and hopefully a few others joining the fun.
So far this is my race calendar for the remainder of 2015. I know there will be a few others added to the list. What is the big race on your calendar this year?