Thanks to the lovely ladies of DC, Mar, Courtney and Cynthia for the Friday linkup to our favorite summer activities! My list will be quite unique since it revolves around a wedding weekend!
1. A Wedding: My best running buddy and only child is getting married on Saturday. It will be a wonderful day of celebration as Christine and Adam tie the knot in Virginia. We are beyond excited about celebrating with all the family and friends who will be in attendance!
2. A rehearsal dinner that includes games: Yes, after a fun and casual dinner, there will be games, lots of games including corn hole, bocce ball, croquet and a few others. It will give everyone a chance to mingle and get to know each other before the wedding.
3. A fun run for the bride: I have a special run planned for Saturday morning with a bunch of other running friends, all female and a few surprises to make it unlike any other run. Not quite costumes, but our outfits will be fun!
4. Heading to the beach: We hope to have some down time in between our jobs and activities to at least enjoy a lovely walk on the beach. Since moving closer to the beach in NC, I am there at least once if not twice a week to soak up all the beauty.
5. Stand up Paddle board: I am so excited that someone in my golf group wants to do stand up paddle boarding with me this summer. We plan to go when I return from all the wedding festivities and hopefully we can make it a weekly activity.
Are you adding any new activities to your calendar this summer?