1. Marine Corps Marathon: This is a fabulous race in our nation's capital and if you like to run marathons add this one to your list. Both of us have run this race and Christine is going back for a second time this fall. Tom, Adam and I will be there to spectate and I may even try to volunteer depending on what jobs are available!
2. NYC Marathon: As I try to reach my goal of running the marathon major races before I turn 65, NYC will be number 2 on November 1st. It is a bucket list race for many runners and the idea of running through all 5 boroughs of the city is so exciting. I will be traveling with a girl from my running group and look forward for a weekend in the big apple.
3. Thanksgiving Day turkey trot: Have you ever raced on Thanksgiving? We have run local turkey trot races every year for the past 5 years. This year, Christine will be on her honeymoon, but I may try to find a local race and lace up my shoes before the big feast.
4. Wicked 10k Virginia Beach, Virginia: J&A racing offers some great themed races including a Valentine's 14k, Shamrock half marathon and marathon and of course the Wicked 10k. This race is particularly fun since it is in October and you are encouraged to dress in costume. We ran this race back in 2012 and had a fabulous time racing and seeing all the wonderful attire.
5. Berlin Marathon: Another fall race on my bucket list is the Berlin Marathon. We visited Berlin for a weekend back in December 2006 to see the city and visit the Christmas market. I can only imagine how exciting it would be to participate in this race with all the historical buildings you would pass during the race. Fingers crossed I will earn a spot at the race in a few years.
|Checkpoint Charlie, Berlin 12/2006|