I rarely run without music. I know that it's probably not my best habit but I feed off the energy of the songs and it can really help my pace at the end of the race. I've been carefully working through my playlist for my upcoming race at the Marine Corps Marathon. The last few races I've run, I've thrown something together quickly and given that a marathon is such a time consuming endeavor, I want my tunes to be on point!
My starting line song (yes, for every single race):
* Naked and Famous - Punching in a Dream
10 jams from my Team Fisher House contributors: As part of my fundraising efforts for Team Fisher House, I offered an incentive to select a song for my playlist for donations of $26.20 and up. I got some great ideas and these are my top 10 favorites!
* Eminem - Till I collapse
* Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime
* U.S. Marines - Listen to the Rhythm (perfect for this race!)
* Britney Spears - Work B**ch
* Redlight King - Born to Rise
* Walk the Moon - Shut Up and Dance
* Queen - We are the Champions
* EMF - Unbelievable
* Young the Giant - My Body
* Shepperd - Geronimo
The songs for the mile 20 bridge: Yea, I don't need all of these songs for the bridge, but you get the idea. Another name for this group of songs, is the "get shit done" group. You get the picture...
* Fort Minor - Remember the Name
* Jeremiah featuring Flo Rida - Tonight Belongs to U
* Trick Daddy - Let's Go
* Kevin Rudolf and Little Wayne - Let it Rock
5 songs that make me smile:
* Katy Perry - Roar (Mom's favorite song)
* Alesso featuring Tove Lo - Heroes (it reminds me of the heroes I'm running for)
* Maroon 5 - Sugar (this song played at our wedding reception)
* Van Halen - Panama (I vividly remember hearing this song on Rock Creek Parkway during my first marathon and it always makes me happy for that moment)
* A clip from the Simpsons called "Suckiest Bunch of Sucks" (a friend added this to a playlist he made me for my first marathon and it makes me laugh)
5 off-the-beaten path picks:
* Silversun Pickups - Substitution
* Rihanna - We Found Love from Cahill Club
* Kid Cudi - Pursuit of Happiness
* Elton John - Saturday Night's Alright
* Mumford and Sons - The Wolf
What are you favorite songs for your racing playlist?