Here are some of my thoughts during this tragedy of a long run:
1. Why did I sign up for a January marathon? When will I learn that it can wreak havoc on my social calendar?
2. If you go to parties/gatherings 6 out of 7 nights in one week how can you expect to have a good run? Yes, this thought crossed my mind multiple times during my slow slog through 12 miles.
3. Can I eat treats when I get home or should I stick to my usual protein shake? Yup, after days of indulging, I drank a protein shake.
4. Who else runs in December? I don't see anyone else out here early Sunday morning. What is wrong with me?
5. My feet hurt, my list of Christmas things to do is not getting any shorter so why in the world did I sign up for a January 10th marathon?
6. Ahh finally other runners....but why are they so happy? Did they skip parties this week so they could feel good on their run?
7. Why am I crying when I spot Tom in the car? Pam quit being such a baby, you chose to do what you did this week.
8. Don't sign up for a January marathon ever again.
9. If you are doing a long run, don't eat and drink like a queen for the entire week before.
10. You have to turn down party invitations so you can feel better on your long run. Wait, we did skip a party on Thursday night. Why don't I feel better?
11. It's too hot outside. I'm sick of this warm weather in December. Hello, this is why we moved to North Carolina so we could avoid New England winters.
12. When is this long run going to be over?
13. How many times have I looked at my watch?
14. I really need an ice bath when I get home. Why is it that these feel so good after a long run?
15. How many more long runs until race day? I'm really over this training cycle.
|How I felt after my run!|