Yesterday morning, I was doing some house cleaning and tidying up. Luckily Adam has a 4 day weekend and I knew we didn't want to spend it cleaning. So while he was at a meeting, I tried to get some things done. As I was changing the lightbulb in our office (you know because I've been burning the midnight oil to get the new blog up), I noticed that the blades on the ceiling fan were pretty dusty. I looked at them for a moment and begrudgingly grabbed some cleaner and paper towels to clean. Then I cleaned the other fans in the house and I thought to myself excitedly, maybe 2016 will be the year that I routinely clean the ceiling fans. And then I quickly laughed to myself and realized it simply wouldn't happen. I would look up at them from time to time, notice the dust and continue to sit on the couch (or whatever sitting area I'm in) and enjoy what I'm currently doing. And so it prompted me to think about the new year's resolutions I won't make...
|Oh that dust!|
2. I will not get to bed on time, every night. Cause sometimes you just have to binge watch some shows on Netflix. Have to.
3. I will not fold the laundry the minute the dryer is done.
4. I will not give up caffeine.
5. I will not become a January to March gym goer. Me and the gym have a romance all year.
6. I will not stop eating carbs, even if my husband is not a pasta/bread/carbs guy (I don't understand him either...).
7. I will not walk the dog everyday. There are reasons I don't work for the Post Office. They are called rain, sleet, and other uncomfortable elements. We can do snow but the others? No thank you.
8. I will not stop pretending that I will change my bag to match my outfit. I mean in my dreams I'm always coordinated but it just doesn't happen.
9. I will not try to get six-pack abs in 30 days. It's gonna take way longer to discover my abs underneath that layer of mai tais and Christmas cookies!
10. I will not be cleaning the ceiling fans with any degree of regularity....
Happy 2016! What are you not planning to do this year?