I have run with a running belt for as long as I can remember. I have tried countless varieties - hydration, basic pocket styles, etc. After getting a new phone (iPhone 6) over the summer, I realized that it would no longer fit in my current running belt. Since I often run alone, I never felt great about running without my phone for safety reasons. Often I would find myself trying to fit my phone in a shorts or skirt pocket and use the belt to house all of my fuel, keys, etc. So when SLS3 contacted us about trying out their new dual pocket run belt that fits the larger phones on the market these days, I was really excited and totally on board to give it a go!
- Two giant pockets that can holds more than you could ever need on a run!
- Elastic waistband with two adjustable buckles for a proper fit.
- The pockets are waterproof and have a waterproof zipper so you don't have to worry about the contents getting wet or sweaty
- Like all belts, it took me a little time to properly adjust the waistband so that it sat snugly around my hips without bouncing. The waistband is really easy to adjust and I was able to tweak it while I was running.
- It's comfortable. The waistband is soft and really easily adjusts to fit your body. I've never been able to successfully adjust a belt so that it didn't bounce and the SLS3 belt fit very well. This belt reminded me of the difference between riding in a beat up old pick-up truck with no shocks and a brand new car with a smooth ride.
- Having a waterproof belt is huge. When I train in the summer, I'm always dripping in sweat by the end and knowing that the contents of my belt are safe and dry is really important to me.
- The pockets are huge! Like seriously huge! When I tested it, I had my phone and house key in one pocket and 3 packs of sport beans in the other pocket. I did a quick experiment at home to see what I could fit in it. The photo below shows what I was able to fit in the pockets. Now I likely wouldn't ever carry this much fuel because I wouldn't need it, but I thought this was a fun experiment to showcase the storage possibilities!
|In one pocket, iPhone 6 with Otterbox case, and car keys. The second pocket fit 4 Clif Shot Bloks, 2 Gu and 1 sport beans.|
In addition to offering a belt for me to try, SLS3 is offering one as a giveaway to one of our lucky readers! Check out the Rafflecopter to enter!a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you're interested in checking out this awesome belt, SLS3 is offering the dual pocket run belt for $12.90 (!!!!) in their newly launched Amazon store. I've never seen any run belt that reasonably priced...even at discount places and TJ Maxx! And if that's not your fancy, they have a variety of other running and hydration belts and compression gear available. Use code BLOG40 for 40% off their entire site! If you recall, we tried their compression socks and found them to be very high quality...and pretty! Thanks to the SLS3 team for the opportunity to try another awesome product!
What are your favorite feature(s) in a run belt?