It's hard to believe it's June! I feel like this spring slipped through my fingers and was gone in an instant. I suppose that starting a new job, traveling a few weekends, and doing a few major home DIY projects will do that! It's been a while since I did a rundown of the things rocking my world so I figured now was a good time. You will find some affiliate links in this post to help keep Two Runners Travel running.
1. New Balance 880s: Earlier this spring, I transitioned from a stability shoe to a more neutral shoe. I love how lightweight they are...after being in a heavy-ish stability shoe for so long, these feel so light! So far, they've felt great and I have been really pleased with another New Balance style in my closet.
2. Our new patio! A few months ago, we decided that a patio would be our big spring project. I suggested that we set a deadline of June 1st so that we could enjoy it for the summer. As the month of May began without much progress, I assumed this was a pipe dream...but I was wrong! Last weekend, we spent most of Saturday afternoon moving and laying pavers and have a few minor areas to complete before we can call it done! The process went something like this...design patio with measurements --> rip out existing deck --> convince our challenging trash collectors to pick up the deck debris --> dig out and excavate the patio space including ripping out TONS of roots --> level the dirt --> lay weed barrier --> lay paver sand --> check level-ness again --> lay pavers --> obsess over level-ness of the pavers and adjust a million times. All I know is that I cannot wait to officially call it done, move the furniture back and have a BBQ to christen it!
3. Summer celebrations: Later this month, Adam and I will celebrate our first anniversary. And then we'll be celebrating a milestone birthday for him and then one for my Grammy. It will be a big summer of birthday parties! I'm working on a movie/slideshow for my Grammy's party so that is keeping me very busy!
4. Simple, yet versatile exercise equipment: Lately, I've been doing more at-home workouts, mostly because I've been dying to be outside when we get a momentary glimpse of sun. I previously mentioned my newfound obsession with the TRX but I'm also loving resistance tubing. They are both so versatile and don't take up very much room which is really important for our small home. Earlier this week, Adam and I did a circuit-style workout in our garage and used a single resistance tube with handles for a bunch of different exercises. Much simpler than lugging different weights around!
5. Smoothies: Yes, I realize this is a random addition to the list, but when you start work early and don't really great breaks, it's an ideal breakfast. My two favorite combinations are listed below:
- Frozen banana, spinach, almond milk, whey protein, PB2 (or other powdered PB), cinnamon, ice
- Frozen strawberries, pineapple, and mangoes, spinach, almond milk, whey protein, ice
The only downside? We don't have a kitchen sink at work so my smoothie cups leave something to be desired when I get home in the afternoon.
What's rocking your world?